How to apply
Apply Online now. Here's what you'll need (international students have additional requirements):
- Statement of Purpose - describe your research interests, including research you have completed and or any papers you have published. Include your career objectives and goals for graduate study.
- Letters of Recommendation - three letters are required
- Transcripts - one official copy, non official transcripts are unsatisfactory. Send to UCI Chemistry Department, Attn: Graduate Admissions, Natural Sciences II, Room 1102, Irvine, CA 92697 - 2025
- GRE general scores which include : Verbal, Quantitative, Analytical Writing. You are encouraged to take the GRE exams during the fall prior to the year you intend to apply. See the GRE at a Glance. The institution code for UCI is 4859. The UCI Chemistry Department code is 0301.
- Chemistry Subject GRE score or subject GRE in an appropriate interdisciplinary area, such as Physics or Biochemistry, Cell, and Molecular Biology.
If you have any questions concerning the application process or admissions in general, you may send your inquiries to email@example.com or call our toll-free number (800-829-8UCI).
APPLY NOW On the application form, specify School/Department: School of Physical Sciences; and Major/Degree: Chemistry-Ph.D. Indicate Specific Areas of Interest in the box provided.
Deadlines: Applications will be reviewed beginning December 1 and admissions will be made on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply by December 1 for the best chance of admission. The final deadline for applications is March 15.
For International Students and students who do not speak English as their native language, in addition to the requirements listed above:
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Testing) An overall score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT is required for admission. http://web1.toefl.org/index.html
- IELTS (Academic Modules of the International English Testing System) An overall score of 7, with a score of no less than 6 on any individual module, is required for admission. http://www.ielts.org/
PLEASE NOTE: International Student applicants are required to be eligible to serve as teaching assistants. Students with a score of 26 or higher on the Speaking component of the TOEFL iBT or a score of 8 or higher on the Speaking module of the IELTS are eligible to serve as teaching assistants.