New Reaction Methods, Enantioselective Catalysis, Natrual Product Synthesis
The Dong Research Group
- Our review on catalysis with carbon dioxide appears in Topics in Catalysis. Congrats, Charles.
- Welcome rotation student, Zhiwei Chen from Queens College.
- We celebrate the group anniversary and wish farewell to Dr. Bennett. Nathan will start as a process chemist at AbbVie.
- Our study on the Ru-catalyzed amination of alcohols is in press at JACS; congrats Nate and Zhibin.
- Our study on the activation of non-chelating aldehydes is in press at Chem. Sci.; congrats Stephen and Achim.
- Welcome summer researchers, Jennifer and Michael.
- Our study on ketoamide-hydroacylation is in press at JACS. Congrats to Kevin and Diane, whom we surprised with the news. See
- The group attends the Lee Dinner and cheers as Dan wins a departmental teaching award.
- Congrats to Greg on accepting a positon at Gilead.
- Congrats to Van on winning a Pfizer Fellowship.
- Welcome undergraduate researchers Sarah and Kaitlyn and visiting scholar Thomas (from Caen).
- Our study on Ru-macho catalyzed amide synthesis, in honor of Sarah Reisman's Tetrahedron Prize, is in press; congrats Nate and Zhibin.
- Our discovery of a Co-catalyzed hydroacylation of dienes is in press at JACS; congrats to Qing-An and Dan.
- Welcome to Dr. Jung-Woo Park, from Yonsei University.
- Our study on the copper-catalyzed transformation of sugars will be published in Chem-A European Journal; congrats I-Hon, Kevin, Diane, and Colin.
- Boni defends his thesis; congrats to Dr. Kim who will start postdoctoral work with Professor Miller at Yale University.
- Our Rh-catalyzed cross-coupling between aldehydes and vinylphenols is in press at Angewandte ; congrats Stephen and Achim.
More Group News
Welcome to the Dong Group Homepage
Mailing Address: Dong Research Group |
Department of Chemistry
|University of California at Irvine | Irvine, CA, 92697-2025