New Reaction Methods, Enantioselective Catalysis, Natrual Product Synthesis
The Dong Research Group
- Our asymmetric coupling of alkynes and amines appears in
; Congrats Qing-An and Zhiwei.
- Our desymmetrization to make quaternary centers is published in
; congrats Jungwoo, Kevin, and Dan.
- Congrats to Charles Yeung who has started a position in med chem at Merck.
- Congrats to Hasan Khan who has accepted a position in med chem at AbbVie.
- Congrats to Dr. Aaron Whittaker on his new position in process chemistry at Merck.
- Double whammy: Kevin Kou and Stephen Murphy are awarded postdoctoral fellowships from NSERC.
- Congrats to Dr. I-Hon Chen on his new position in medicinal chemistry at Chugai Pharmaceuticals.
- Our hydroacylation of alkynes by tandem Ru-catalysis is published in
; congrats Qing-An and Faben.
- We officially welcome graduate students Jan Riedel (Dortmund), Zhiwei Chen (Queens), and Craig Burt (Williams).
- Our transfer hydroformylation is published in
; congrats Stephen, Jungwoo, and Faben.
- Prof Dong is now an associate editor with Chemical Sciences.
- Our Ni-catalyzed oxidative coupling has been accepted to
; congrats Aaron.
- Kevin defends his PhD thesis. Congrats to Dr. Kou, who will start postdoctoral studies with Richmond Sarpong at UC Berkeley.
- Welcome visiting student, Hannah Hayes from Ireland.
- Welcome visiting student, Devi Ramanoudjame from France.
- Our review on catalysis with carbon dioxide appears in Topics in Catalysis. Congrats, Charles.
- We celebrate the group anniversary and wish farewell to Dr. Bennett. Nathan will start as a process chemist at AbbVie.
More Group News
Welcome to the Dong Group Homepage
Mailing Address: Dong Research Group |
Department of Chemistry
|University of California at Irvine | Irvine, CA, 92697-2025