One quarter or three months prior to your estimated defense date:
- Speak to your faculty advisor about creating a graduation timeline, this should include the following:
- An approximate defense date
- An approximate date for thesis/dissertation submission
- Lab specific exit requirements
- Review Graduate Division Degree Completion Information
- Attend a Thesis and Dissertation Formatting Workshop through UCI Libraries
- Submit the Department of Chemistry Graduate Student Exit Form
Within 30 days of submitting the Graduate Student Exit Form:
- Schedule an appointment with Garrett Yoshitomi to dicuss the following:
Two weeks prior to your defense date:
- Email Laura Donaldson (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information for the Department of Chemistry website:
- Defense title
- Defense time and location
- Picture (optional)
- Review Thesis/Dissertation Manuals from UCI Libraries
Once you have defended:
- Bring Ph.D. Form II - Signature Page to Garrett Yoshitomi for Chair’s signature.
- Please note: submission of the Department of Chemistry Graduate Student Exit Form is required to receive Chair's signature.
- Degree Certification: It is recommended that you request a letter of degree certification from Graduate Division when you submit your final paperwork. Your diploma is typically available four months after the end of the quarter in which you graduate. This letter will be processed approximately 14 business days after you submit your paperwork and can be shown to employers while you wait for your diploma.
- Submit required paperwork to Graduate Division, see details on Graduate Division Degree Completion.
Reminders for your last day at UCI:
- University keys are to be returned to the Departments from which they were issued. Return Department of Chemistry keys to Haleema Sood in 1129 Natural Sciences II.
- If applicable, you are responsible for returning your UCI parking permit.
- Other deductions (including automobile insurance, credit union, charitable contributions, employee organization dues, etc) must be cancelled by the employee. Contact the specific organization to make arrangements for private coverage/cancellation and/or payments.