One quarter or three months prior to your estimated defense date:
- Speak to your faculty advisor about creating a graduation timeline, this should include the following:
- An approximate defense date
- An approximate date for thesis/dissertation submission
- Lab specific exit requirements
- Review Graduate Division Degree Completion Informaiton
- Meet with Tenley Dunn, Graduate Affairs Coordinator, to discuss the following:
- Final degree paperwork and filing deadlines
- Defense committee updates
- Defense room reservation process
- UCI Library Archives Submission & Embargo Process
- UC SHIP Dates of Coverage
- Submit Department of Chemistry Graduate Student Exit Form.This form will assist the Department in determining your payroll appointment end date. Please fill out the form to the best of your ability and the Department will follow-up to assist you as needed.
Two weeks prior to your defense date:
- Email Laura Donaldson (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information for the Department of Chemistry website:
- Defense title
- Defense time and location
- Picture (optional)
Once you have defended:
- Bring Ph.D. Form II - Signature Page to Tenley Dunn, Graduate Affairs Coordinator, for Chair’s signature.
- Please note: submission of the Department of Chemistry Graduate Student Exit Form is required to receive Chair's signature.
- Submit required paperwork to Graduate Division, see details on Graduate Division Degree Completion.
Reminders for your last day at UCI:
- University keys are to be returned to the Departments from which they were issued. Return Department of Chemistry keys to Haleema Sood in 1129 Natural Sciences II.
- If applicable, you are responsible for returning your UCI parking permit.
- Other deductions (including automobile insurance, credit union, charitable contributions, employee organization dues, etc) must be cancelled by the employee. Contact the specific organization to make arrangements for private coverage/cancellation and/or payments.