@ 12:00 PM
Graduate Division is now accepting applications for mentoring positions for the Graduate Division Summer Research Programs. Graduate Division hosts two summer programs for diversity students to conduct faculty mentored research. The mentoring opportunities below are open to PhD and MFA students in all disciplines. Students can apply to multiple positions.
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program (SURF ) (July 21st - August 13th, 2021)
- Eight-week summer research program for visiting diversity undergraduate and master’s students interested in pursuing a PhD at UCI.
- Seeking Graduate Student Mentors and Graduate Student Lead to support undergraduate students in the areas of academic writing and graduate preparation.
- More information about these opportunities is available here: https://grad.uci.edu/about-us/diversity/grad-prep-programs/surf.php
Competitive Edge Summer Research Program (August 2nd -September 10th, 2021)
- Six-week summer research program focused on preparing incoming UCI graduate students for the start of their graduate programs in the fall.
- Seeking Graduate Student Peer Mentors to support mentees regarding all aspects of life as a graduate student.
- More information regarding this opportunity is available here: https://grad.uci.edu/about-us/diversity/decade/competitive-edge.php
*If selected for one of the above mentoring positions, you are expected to successfully complete the Mentoring Excellence Program. For more information please visit - https://grad.uci.edu/academics/mentoring.php
Application and materials for both opportunities are due by Friday, May 21st at 12:00 PM (NOON).
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/LUew1n63u2Gyd9eV6
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org