To view the full job posting visit: https://masco.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Behr/job/US---California---Santa-Ana/Research---Development-Technician-I_REQ31879-1?source=LinkedIn
- Prepare, test and compare experimental samples.
- Provide and maintain accurate data and records for raw material evaluations, new product projects and product improvement projects.
- Working safely is part of our culture and is a condition of employment.
- Follow basic lab safety guidelines and regulations
- Take direction from supervisor and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Prepare samples using laboratory dispersion and blending equipment
- Conduct standard tests following Standard Test Procedures including, but not limited to, viscosity, ICI, gloss, tint strength, density, pH, and scrub tests
- Record and report test results
- Report problems associated with test equipment or test processes
- Clean and maintain test equipment, and work area
- Perform basic laboratory maintenance including, but not limited to, pourback, stocking lab supply, adhesion panel preparation, clean-up
- Alert supervisors to low levels of raw materials or supplies for projects
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor
- Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation
- 1-2 years of relevant laboratory and/or industrial experience.
- Knowledge of basic lab skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suites and/or software applications related to job functions
- Knowledge of lab safety guidelines and regulations
- Ability to understand and follow defined testing methods and accurately complete test records
- Communication, filing and some computer skills are required