Features of our work:
- Eric O. Potma, Junghoon Jahng, Faezeh Tork Ladani, and Ryan Muhammad Khan, "Nanoscopic imaging with optical forces," SPIE newsroom (Nov 2015).
- "Capturing the motion of a single molecule in real time as it oscillates from one quantum state to another," Kurzweil News (September, 2014).
- "UC Irvine team captures motion of single molecule in real time," Waaytv (September, 2014).
- "Seeing a molecule breathe through scattering of light pulses," ScienceDaily.com (August 2014).
- "Raman scattering measures single-molecule vibrations," Photonics.com (August 2014).
- Lukasz Piatkowski, James T. Hugall, and Niek van Hulst, "Raman spectroscopy: Watching a single molecule breathe," Nat. Photon. 8, 589 - 591 (2014).
- Celia Arnaud, "A fast, coherent look at single-molecule vibrations," C&EN 92(28), p. 31 (July 2014).
- Our work featured on the front of Biophotonics (December 2013).
- Barbara Kanegsberg and Edward Kanegsberg, "New CAR in your future?," Controlled Environments 16, 18-19 (2013).
- Eric is featured in a short documentary about A.P.E. OPOs. (February 2013)
- Eric O. Potma, "CARS Microscopy: Imaging Characteristic Vibrational Contrast of Molecules," Leica Science Lab. (July 2012)
- Read about the optical imaging job market in this interview by Nature Jobs. (Dec 2011)
- Read about CARS in Semrock's interview with Eric. (Dec 2011)
- Our work featured in Leica's reSOLUTION. (April 2011)
- Rajendrani Mukhopadhyay, "CARS speeds up hair analysis," Chemistry World. (August 2009)
- Tommaso Baldacchini and Ruben Zadoyan, "CARS peers deep into microstructures," Laser Focus World 50(5). (May 2009)
- Eric O. Potma, "Improving contrast of the nonlinear microscope," SPIE Newsroom (Jan 2008).
Potma Labs, Department of Chemistry, Natural Sciences II, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697