- Jenn gives her tenure talk at UCI.
- Sean, Anya, and Zi join the Prescher lab. Welcome!
- Our manuscript on targeting Toxoplasma gondii with bioorthogonal
probes is published. Check it
- Dave K successfully defends his thesis. He is heading off to Yale
for postdoctoral work in the Ellman lab. Congratulations, Dr.
- Will is awarded NSF IGERT Competitive Innovation Funds for his
collaborative work with the Hui lab Nicely done!
- Dave K lands a Dissertation Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Jenn receives a Novartis Early Career Award in Organic Chemistry.
Thank you to Novartis for supporting our work!
- Group summer trip to San Diego!
- Our commentary on orthogonal bioorthogonal reactions is published.
- Rachel successfully defends her thesis. Congratulations, Dr.
Steinhardt! (Ph.D. # 5 from the group)!
- Dave K wins the Bader Award for Graduate Student Innovation from
Sigma Aldrich. Way to go!
- Kevin, Monique, and Marian present their work at the SoCal
Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Cynthia Chio joins the lab for a summer rotation. Welcome!
- Our manuscript on bioorthogonal cyclopropenone reactivity is
published in J. Am.
- Summer BBQ at Laguna Beach with our friends from the Leconte lab!
- Will is awarded a research fellowship from Allergan. Nicely done!
- Dave P and Dave M successfully defend their theses. Dave P will be
joining the Gartner lab at UCSF, while Dave M will be starting a
postdoc at Stanford. Congratulations, Drs. Patterson and
McCutcheon (Ph.D. #’s 3 and 4 from the group)!
- Our manuscript on bioorthogonal triazine reactivity is published in
Chem. Soc. Thank
you to our collaborators in the Houk and Mehl labs!
- Our manuscript on imaging cell contacts with caged probes is
published in J. Am.
- The lab says ‘goodbye’ to several founding members. Best wishes,
everyone! (Watch out, Bay Area!)
- Dr. Hui-Wen Shih accepts a position at Gilead. Congratulations!
- Jenn receives a Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar award. Thank you to the
Dreyfus Foundation for supporting our work!
- Lidia successfully defends her thesis. Congratulations, Dr.
Nazarvoa (Ph.D. #2 from the group)! She is off to Illumina next!
- Dave R wins the Depart of Chemistry’s Michael E. Gebel Award.
- Sam Reshel joins the lab for a spring quarter rotation. Welcome!
- Michael Fazio joins the lab for a spring quarter rotation. Welcome!
- Joanna is selected for the CA Community College Internship Program.
Way to go!
- Lidia takes second-place honors at the AGS symposium on campus.
- Dave R and Bryan are awarded Honorable Mentions from the NSF
Graduate Research Program.
- Jenn is named an Alfred P. Sloan Fellow. Thank you to the Sloan
Foundation for supporting our work!
- Sam Beasley joins the lab for a winter quarter rotation. Welcome!
- Our manuscript on visualizing cell proximity with split reporters is
published in ACS Chem.