- We had a great time at the 2016 Prescher Lab Holiday party! Happy Holidays!
- The link for our latest paper on brominated luciferins in Chem Bio Chem is up! Take a look!
- The lab hosted some demos for local middle schoolers in the LEAPS program. Elephant toothpaste!
- The Quanta article (below) was also published by WIRED!!
- Krysten won 1st prize at the UCI Immunology Fair! Congrats, Krysten!
- Sierra, Lance, and Tyler officially joined the lab! Welcome! Bios on the group page!
- Jenn was interviewed for an article in Quanta Magazine. Check it out!
- Check out our spiffy new research video that we made for Jenn’s Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award.
- Our paper on brominated luciferins was published Chem Bio Chem! Link coming soon.
- Dave’s “First Reaction” on some recent Tetrazine work by Oneto et al. was published in ACS Central Science!
- Joanna will be teaching at Chapman University, Saddleback College and Orange Coast College this fall!
- Jenn, Zi, and Dave demo’d some chemistry for the Los Angeles Rams!! They’re famous!
- The lab went on a group trip to Carlsbad! Pics coming!
- Joanna successfully defended her thesis! Congrats Dr. Laird!
- Jenn won a Distinguished Faculty Award from the Academic Senate at UCI!
- Christine was selected for a UROP fellowship for the upcoming school year!
- Christine was selected for UROP summer funding and an Allergan Fellowship!
- Graduation was last weekend! New Pics!
- Will finally got to witness a live firefly in Minnesota! Yay!
- Krysten won the Howard A. Schneiderman Fellowship Award for the School of Biological Sciences! Congrats!
- Kevin and Marian are graduating with honors! Congratulations! Kevin also won the Pfizer Undergrad Award in Organic Chemistry!
- The best beer for the best professor: It’s official, Jenn is tenured!
- We had a great time at the 2016 Edward K. C. Lee Lecture and Dinner last night. A few pictures here!
- Amanda took a job at The Shoulders of Giants, a non-profit in
Dallas! Congrats Amanda!
- Will was selected to attend the AbVie Scholars Symposium 2016 in
Chicago this July. Congrats!
- Monique, Kevin, and Marian presented posters at CSU-Long Beach for
the Southern California Undergraduate Research Conference (SCURC).
- Colin won the Judge’s Award in his session for the 2016 AGS
- Dave won an NSF Fellowship! Congratulations, Dave!
- Zi and Sean won NSF GRFP Honorable Mentions! Congratulations!
- Aaron is headed back to his professorial duties at
Claremont Colleges. It was great to have you in the lab, Aaron!
- Big thanks to everyone that stopped by to see us at ACS! We had an
- Colin did a great job presenting his work at Vertex Day.
will be presenting our work at the ACS meeting in San Diego! Come
- Jenn is giving at least two (!) talks at ACS this year! Check them
- Aaron Leconte, our visiting scholar from Claremont McKenna College
will also be presenting work from his lab. Check out his
- Alumnus Amanda Dark was offered a job at Peloton Therapeutics, a new
biotech startup out of UT-SW! Congrats Amanda!
- Will and Brendan are awarded ACS travel grants for the National
Meeting in San Diego. Way to go!
- Prof. Aaron Leconte (Claremont Colleges) joins the lab as a
visiting scholar. Welcome!
- Dr. Zach Reinert (U Pitt) joins the lab as a postdoctoral scholar.
- Undergraduate research student Christine Hua joins the group.
- Our paper on the design and synthesis of an alkynyl luciferin
is published. Check it
- Jenn receives a Thieme Chemistry Journal Award for 2016.
- Jenn is selected as a 2016 Rising Star by the ACS Women in