Keys for Department of Chemistry students, faculty and staff are issued through the department. The Department of Chemistry occupies space in five buildings: the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building (ISEB), Rowland Hall (RH), Frederick Reines Hall (FRH), Natural Sciences 1 (NSI), and Natural Sciences 2 (NSII). The Chemistry Adminstrative Offices are located on the first floor of Natural Sciences 2. Building keys are issued on a case-by-case basis, based on the person’s office or lab location, and when there is demonstrated need.
The procedure for obtaining keys:
- Fill out the top portion of the key request form found here: Key Request Form
- Email form to your faculty advisor, supervisor, or the person who is officially assigned the space and request approval via e-mail confirmation. Please clearly state, with room numbers, the space you need access to. All parties should cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After approval by the responsible party you may pick up your keys at the department office (NS2 1120). The department office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am-12pm.
- A cash deposit of $20 per key (cash or check only) is required for all fixed-term appointments (casual/temporary staff, lecturers, visitors, students and non-senate academics). Payments must be made by cash or check payable to “UC Regents” (preferred) and brought to the department office when keys are picked-up.
- You must pick-up and return your own keys to the department.
- If work location changes you may exchange keys with no additional deposit.
Keys for Undergraduate Students:
As undergraduates should not be in lab alone, faculty will need to provide a detailed justification when requesting keys for undergraduate students. Requests are approved on a case-by-case basis, when there is demonstrated need, and a safety plan in place. Undergraduate stockroom workers may be issued keys to the relevant stockroom.