Keys for Department of Chemistry staff, faculty and students are issued through the department. The Department of Chemistry occupies space in four buildings: Rowland Hall (RH), Frederick Reines Hall (FRH), Natural Sciences 1 (NSI), and Natural Sciences 2 (NSII). Building keys are issued on a case-by-case basis, based on the person’s office or lab location, and when there is demonstrated need.
The procedure for obtaining keys:
- Fill out the top portion of the key request form found here: Key Request Form
- Email form to your faculty advisor, supervisor, or the person who is officially assigned the space and request approval via e-mail confirmation. Please clearly state, with room numbers, the space you need access to. All parties should cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After approval by the responsible party above your key request will be processed.
- An email acknowledgment will be sent to you when your key(s) are ready for pick-up.
- A cash deposit of $20 per key is required for all fixed-term appointments (casual/temporary staff, lecturers, visitors, students and non-senate academics). Payments must be made by cash or check payable to “UC Regents” (preferred) and brought to the department office when keys are picked-up.
- You must pick-up and return your own keys to the department.
- If work location changes you may exchange keys with no additional deposit.
Keys for Undergraduate Students:
As undergraduates should not be in lab alone, faculty will need to provide a detailed justification when requesting keys for undergraduate students. Requests are approved on a case-by-case basis, when there is demonstrated need, and a safety plan in place. Undergraduate stockroom workers may be issued keys to the relevant stockroom.