Chem 1A, Lec E
- Chem 1A Lecture E (Course Codes 40080-40095) is restricted to a specific program under the School of Biological Sciences and will remain restricted. No authorization codes will be issued.
- Two additional Chem 1LD labs have been opened. Please check the Schedule of Classes for details.
- Seats for continuing students have been added to Chem M3LC. Please check the Schedule of Classes for details.
- Chem 5 is currently restricted to new transfer students. If you are a current student that is interested in enrolling you will need to wait for the New Only restriction to be lifted on September 5th. If possible, we strongly encourage students to enroll in Chem 5 during Summer Session II.
- A majority of the Chem M52LA labs are currently restricted to new transfer students. The New Only restriction will be lifted on September 5th. If all labs are full when the New Only restriction is lifted the Department will open additional labs.
Common webreg issues:
- Add Chem 1LD before enrolling in Chem 51A. Chem 1LD is a co-requisite and needs to be added first.
- If you are enrolled in a Chem 51A pre-requisite(s) during UCI Summer Session it will take approximately 24hours for webreg to recognize you are enrolled in the pre-requisites. You will need to wait for the system to update before enrolling.
- Chem 101W is currently restricted to new transfer students. If you are a current student that is interested in enrolling you will need to wait for the New Only restriction to be lifted on September 5th. If you are a graduating student that needs to complete upper-division writing in fall quarter, we encourage you to speak to the Physical Sciences Student Affairs Office about your options.
Update on "New Only" Status for Chemistry Majors:
- The Department takes time-to-degree very seriously and is committed to accommodating all of our students in their required courses. The "New Only" status on Chemistry classes is to allow incoming transfer students who enroll during summer an opportunity to take Chemistry courses their first quarter at UCI. The Department will re-evaluate space in courses and labs during summer and will open more labs as needed. We understand that our current Chemistry majors need some of these courses and it is stressful to wait to enroll. We will do our best to accommodate our Chemistry majors, and appreciate your patience as we try to get all students enrolled. If you are not enrolled in your required classes by September 6th please contact the Chemistry Undergraduate Program Office at email@example.com and we will assist you.
If you have a general question that is not answered above please see the Chemistry Undergraduate Program Office FAQ.