Applications to the NSF I-Corps program at UCI Beall Applied Innovation are now open! This quarterly program is a great opportunity for students and researchers in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields to learn to take their research from the lab to the marketplace.
Brief Description: NSF I-Corps is a four week, immersive boot camp that teaches researchers how to conduct market research and find product-market fit for their great ideas. This program meets once a week and is designed for researchers doing work in the STEM fields.
I-Corps is designed to help you:
- Kick start your innovation with up to $2000 in funding
- Successfully translate university research to technologies in the market
- Obtain skills and training essential for professional development
- Explore alternative career paths (entrepreneurship, business, marketing)
October 2, 2019 – Mandatory orientation (link)
October 11, 2019 – Application deadline (link)
For more information and dates: http://innovation.uci.edu/programs/i-corps/
I-Corps Applications Due October 11
Take your great idea from the lab into the marketplace
I-Corps, an NSF-funded program, encourages researchers in the STEM field to extend their focus beyond the university laboratory and accelerates basic-research products toward commercialization.
Benefits of participating in I-Corps at UCI Beall Applied Innovation
- Receive funding for up to $2,200 that can be used for travel and customer discovery expenses.
- Access infrastructure, resources, advice, networking opportunities, training and more through UCI Beall Applied Innovation's entrepreneurial network.
- Increase your success rate for commercialization funding opportunities (e.g. SBIR, CIA, PFI, POP Grants).
Important dates and deadlines
**If you are unable to attend the mandatory orientation, please contact us at email@example.com.