Genentech is now accepting applications for our annual Graduate Student Symposium in Chemical Research seeking to recognize promising young scientists while highlighting career opportunities in pharmaceutical research.
The virtual two-day event, scheduled for May 10-11th 2021 will be hosted jointly by the departments of Discovery and Process Chemistry. The complete program will provide a valuable and rewarding experience for our distinguished guests, and will include:
- Research award symposium, including talks from graduate award recipients
- Keynote seminar from a leading early-career chemistry professor
- Distinguished Career Lecture from an eminent professor
- Research talks from Genentech Discovery and Process Chemistry highlighting breakthrough research programs
- Virtual tour of the Genentech South San Francisco research laboratories
- Virtual social/networking activities
- Honorarium for award recipients
Interested 4th year graduate students are encouraged to submit a CV and short (1-3 pages) research summary here. Applications should be submitted as a single PDF document, with identifying name and institution in the file description (example: “Surname-Firstname-Institution”).
Applications must be received by December 31, 2020 for consideration.
Finalists will be contacted in January 2021 and asked to submit a letter of recommendation from their faculty advisor. Awardees will be notified by March 2021 and formally invited to the symposium.