UCI Chemistry encourages students to take advantage of the many internship opportunities available to them. In order to maintain funding commitments, please follow the guidelines below. If you have a question about setting up an internship, please contact: Morgan Sibley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or set up an appointment via Microsoft Bookings.
Internships should align with the academic year payment schedule:
- Fall: October 1st - December 31st
- Winter: Jan 1st – March 31st
- Spring: April 1st – June 30th
- Summer Session: July 1st – September 30th
Graduate Student Fees:
If the internship takes place during the academic year, the company must cover Graduate Student Fees. These fees maintain your student status with the university and pays for your health Insurance (UC SHIP).
- UCI’s third party billing office will be used to charge the company for Graduate Student Fees.
- Grants cannot be used to cover tuition/fees when an outside company is paying salary.
- If the internship takes place outside of California and is related to your research you can apply for In Absentia Registration, which reduces tuition/fees.
The internship must cover the Department of Chemistry's student stipend at or above the rate posted on the Graduate Student Funding and Fee Information page.