Students should contact the Summer Session department via email at ( to inquire about independent study enrollment. Once Summer Session receives an email from the student, Summer Session staff will manually send the appropriate Independent Study form and Enrollment Form via DocuSign. 

You can request to enroll in the following courses:

  • Chem 180: Undergrad Research
    • Units: 4 - If you would like to enroll in a research for less than 4 units you will need to enroll in Chem 199. 
  • Chem 199: Independent Study
    • Units 1-4 - please speak to your faculty sponsor to determine the appropriate number of units.

Please use to receive Department Dean/Chair approval

Additional information: